The Solid Life of Sugar Water
Candid, uninhibited and visceral. A Deaf couple’s relationship is revealed through their lovemaking in a startlingly intimate portrait of a marriage — made even more intense by Deaf West Theatre’s signature performance style combining American Sign Language with spoken English.
Deaf West Theatre presents the American premiere of The Solid Life of Sugar Water by Tony Award-winning playwright Jack Thorne (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child).
• Written by Jack Thorne
• Directed by Randee Trabitz
• Starring Tad Cooley, Sandra Mae Frank, Nick Apostolina, Natalie Camunas
• ASL Master: Linda Bove
• Scenic Designer: Sean Fanning
• Lighting Designer: Derrick McDaniel
• Costume Designer: Adriana Lambarri
• Projection Designer: Heather Fipps
• Sound Designer: Noelle Hoffman
• Presented by Deaf West Theatre, David J. Kurs artistic director
Previews: Sept. 5 - Sept. 8
Press Opening: Thursday, September 12 Performances: Sept. 13 - Oct. 6
Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM, Sundays at 3 PM
*ASL Nights on Thursday, Sept. 19 and Thursday, Sept. 26: arrive at 7:30 p.m. for a 15-minute ASL workshop that teaches signs used in the play.
720 Kohler Street
Los Angeles, CA 90021
The Solid Life of Sugar Water deals with adult themes and contains sexually graphic language — recommended for mature audiences only.
Previews, Sept 5-8
$45 Premium: first two rows, center, includes choice of beverage (wine, beer, or soft drink)
Please make sure you have selected the date, ticket type and number of tickets you want. All sales are final.
* Must show valid student ID at Box Office
PARKING: Free in lot across the street, plus ample street parking.