A Christmas Carol
adapted by Greg Oliver Bodine
December 4-12, 2020
Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 2:30pm
Pre-show talk begins 30 minutes before curtain
Through an unexpected turn of events, Charles Dickens' American Reading Tour in 1867 is off to a rough start. However, Mr. Dickens -- always the consummate showman -- triumphantly proclaims that he will deliver what he has promised to present! By changes of voice, gesture and expression, he peoples the stage with a throng of characters from his classic Christmas tale and recreates, with improvised wit and charm, the familiar journey of Ebenezer Scrooge -- an embittered, lonely, old miser, who finds a second chance to become a generous, caring human being. What sets this fresh, new adaptation apart is its ability to rely on the power of the text -- shared simply, directly and intimately through great storytelling.
Running time is approximately 60 minutes. No intermission.
Presented by special arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.
RLT is committed to keeping our patrons and volunteers safe.
- Masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Temperature screenings will be conducted at entry.
- Parties will be seated together, but physically distanced from other parties.
- Concessions will not be served.
- Attendance will not exceed 20% of the theater's capacity.
- Our complete COVID-19 Safety Guide.