Potter Auditorium - 7:30 PM
Tickets - Reserved Seating - $20 in advance, $25 at the door
Doors open at 6pm, food and beverage options available
Named in honor of Bill Monroe, “The Father of Bluegrass Music," Monroe Crossing dazzles audiences with an electrifying blend of classic bluegrass, bluegrass gospel, and heartfelt originals. Their superb musicianship and on-stage rapport have entertained audiences across the United States, Canada and Europe.
Based in the Twin cities of Minnesota, Monroe Crossing plays an average of 150 shows a year in intimate rooms, at major venues, and outdoor festivals. Monroe Crossing is made up of five very distinct personalities with differing musical backgrounds. When combined, their individual histories make for a very unique ensemble sound. Band members are:
- Derek Johnson - guitar & lead vocals;
- Lisa Fuglie - fiddle, mandolin, guitar & lead vocals;
- Matt Thompson - mandolin, fiddle & harmony vocals;
- Mark Anderson - bass & bass vocals;
- David Robinson - banjo, dobro, harmonica & harmony vocals.
Because they met through the music of Bill Monroe, they like to say they had a “Monroe Crossing.”