Audtion Prep for Singers: A 1-hour workshop aimed to polish and prepare singers for successful auditions.
This workshop will cultivate a safe place for learning and a fun way for singers of all levels and
abilities to perform! 15-20 participants can be accommodated in the workshop.
1. Where to ﬁnd and how to interpret audition notices.
2. Audition prep/etiquette.
3. Performance resumes.
4. Preparing an audition cut/sheet music for accompanists.
5. Introducing yourself and giving tempo to accompanists.
6. Build conﬁdence and reﬁne the skills needed to have successful auditions and
7. Form opinions and oﬀer constructive criticism to peers.
What participants should prepare:
1. A 16 bar or 30 second audition cut (memorized).
2. Sheet music for the accompanist, in the correct key, and clearly marked.
3. A notebook or device for taking notes.
4. Performance resume (if available - we will also go over how to make one).
Presented by Ellie Kelly and The Hudson Players