Indian Creek Festival has been cancelled due to COVID-19, but Chalk the Block is still on! All entries will be done off site...at your house, on a sidewalk, in a park, etc. and submitted electronically to Caldwell Fine Arts. Brighten up your neighborhood with some chalk art!
1. Preregistration is free and required. Make to update your phone number, email, and address and sign the photo release.
2. Pick up chalk (if needed) on Friday, September 18 from 6 – 7 pm at Jewett Auditorium, C of I. Enter the parking lot at 20th and Fillmore. Stay in your car and we’ll bring it to you.
3. Submit entry by 2 pm on Saturday, September 19 by doing the following:
Write #CFACreators in chalk above your art, visible in your photo
Take a digital photo of your art
Submit entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your name and Adult, Teen, or Child.
4. Post your entry to social media using #CFACreators @cfa_official @caldwellfinearts
5. Encourage your friends and family to like, retweet, and share your entry on social media through the weekend. There will be one $100 People’s Choice Award for the entry with the most likes on Monday!
•Theme: Retro 60's. Celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Caldwell Fine Arts!
•Unlike past years, a live person does not have to be in your chalk art entry
•Online registration is free and required.
•Prizes awarded for Child (8 – 12) Teen (13 – 18) and Adult (19 +). Amazon Gift Cards will be awarded for 1st ($50), 2nd ($30), and 3rd ($20). We’ll award one People’s Choice Award ($100). One award per person.
•You may use chalk (including spray chalk), masking tape, brushes, and water. No other materials allowed.
•Chalk is available on Friday, September 18 from 6 – 7 pm at Jewett Auditorium. Artists may also use their own chalk.
•One artist per entry only.
•This is an all-ages event. Please, no nudity or explicit language. Likewise, commercial advertising messages, business logos, and alcohol/tobacco themes are not allowed. The committee reserves the right to deem any entry inappropriate for a family-themed event.